CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Popcorn? Who Knew?!?!

I sometimes struggle to know what to give my kids for an after school snack. When I have lots of groceries in the house, and I instruct the girls "something healthy" it is very easy for them to choose. However...I don't always have an abundance of fruit, or yoghurt, or crackers.

The other day I was talking with a friend, whose children are my age, and we got talking about how she grew up in a family with 10 children and VERY LITTLE money. She was marveling at how her mother fed them all so well and she happened to mention that her mom would always have an after school snack for them, and often it was popcorn.

It was like an epiphany! My kids LOVE popcorn! Popcorn is healthy! (Air popped that is.) A little goes a long way! And we ALWAYS have popcorn in the house! The perfect solution to those less than abundant grocery days!

So yesterday, when my girls came home from school, and asked for a snack, and I said they could make some popcorn....they just about PEED their pants in excitement!

Boy, it sure felt good to be the best mom in the world.

1 comment:

  1. EXCELLENT! One more excuse to eat popcorn! As if I needed another. I might have to get an air popper so the girls could make their own; we have a popper for the stove.

    ReplyDelete