CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, May 13, 2011

A Visible Reward!

I have been raising, teaching, redirecting and discipling children for 11 years now. I will be the first to admit that I have had days (and STILL have days) where I feel like..."Does this EVER end?!?!" However, I strongly believe that the first few years of a child's life is truly the most important and determines how the preteen and teen years will go...so I keep chugging along.

I am so happy to say, that last night, Wayne and I experienced a wonderful reward for our deliberate efforts in raising our girls. After getting the toddler and baby in bed...we spontaneously went our to dinner! We left our oldest in charge, told her when to make sure everyone else was in bed and then just left. It was so LIBERATING! And when we came home...everyone was sound asleep! It felt so good to not have to worry about what was going on at home, and to feel confident that they would be in bed and asleep when we got home.

I think I am really going to LOVE having a live in babysitter!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I forgot to mention that at the restaurant, 2 different people looked at us surprised and commented on us being out without our kids. Has it really been that long that we've been out just the two of us?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i could not agree more! i love that i can just leave kadie and go. sometimes we even have friends drop of their kids at our house, and we leave them all with kadie and go out together. but on those times, we dont come home to a clean house or kids in bed!!

    ReplyDelete