CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, May 6, 2011

Cheap Entertainment

Today is Friday and Wayne is home. Sometimes when he is home I just pretend I'm not here and let him manage all of the kid stuff going on. This morning has been particularly entertaining.

This morning Olivia got up a little early and kept coming into our room...and asking Wayne to do stuff. You know...like eating breakfast, changing her diaper, and getting dressed. By the third interruption as he climbed back into bed he made some comment about me getting up. I just grinned, laughed and said, "I'm sorry...I've been getting up 2-3 times in the middle of the night for 2 years and am confident you can handle this."

Later as we were downstairs, and the older girls had left for school Olivia wanted her coat and boots on and wanted Wayne to go outside. Of course he was still in his pajamas so that wasn't an option...so naturally he was trying to coerce her into the backyard where she could be on her own. No such luck. As she was getting frustrated, and he was getting frustrated....I just started laughing. I probably shouldn't have...but I did. It was such great entertainment to observe him handle the situation I deal with every...single...day. And what a joy it was for me to not be the one being dragged around and constantly being asked to do something!

I think I am going to really enjoy today.

No comments:

Post a Comment