CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Toddler is Ruling the Roost!

Our two year old spent a couple of days sick with a fever. She was tired and whiny and just not herself...so naturally we coddled and gave her whatever her little heart desired. This is all fine an dandy until we realized that she is no longer sick, and just manipulating us to get what she wants!

Wayne and I were talking about the fact that now is the time that our discipline (or lack of) will have the greatest impact in how Olivia treats us for the rest of her life. So tomorrow it begins! Both Wayne and I are going to have no tolerance for whining, stop giving her everything she asks for, and implement time outs!

Notice how upbeat I am about this...at 10:00pm...the night BEFORE I start? I wonder what I will be saying about this tomorrow night?

2 comments:

  1. Ooohh Stay Strong!! These crack downs are always easier when the children are asleep. And so hard the next day, especially when you are home by yourself with no partner to remind you why you made the resolve. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does that mean other people have to help you not coddle her? I always feel like I am, if not creating a monster for you, at least contributing to or aiding and abetting in the creation of said monster.

    I do agree that how to react to your childrens' behavioural ransom demands will certainly affect their behaviour towards you later on. Can't say we nailed this one, but I'd encourage you to stay strong. You've weathered the stormy wrath of other demanding children and come out alive, if not unscathed.

    ReplyDelete