CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 22, 2011

Put me in isolation...please?!

I love to be alone. I mean I REALLY love to be alone. Yes...me...the one with 5 children. I thrive off of time to myself with no children...no husband...no noise. When I don't get this occasionally...I go a little crazy. I find I get irritated easily, I'm impatient with those I love, and I stop enjoying my children. Not...good.

These last few weeks have been rough. Olivia has been needier than ever...Pamela is starting to get into things...the older children no longer feel the novelty of baby sisters...and Wayne has been home less than usual. All of this equals me going CRAZY!!

So, my dear sweet loving Wayne took our 4 older girls to visit his family for the day. I have had an entire 10 hours to myself...with only a baby (who still sleeps a lot) to look after. This has been VERY therapeutic for me. More than I realized it would be! No children demanding my time....no voices calling my name...no arguments to manage...no meals to prepare. Absolute heaven!

The great thing about today is it has allowed me time to stop, think, and remember why I wanted each and every one of my daughters. It has helped me to refocus my energies on why I love being a mom and to remember why I enjoy it. It can be so easy to get bogged down in the mundane and repetitive tasks of the day...that I forget WHY I am doing what I am doing!

Now that I realize how rejuvenating this day has been for me...I think I may send Wayne and the girls away for the day every once in a while!

I am curious...what do you do to rejuvenate and refocus your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment