CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 27, 2011

Child Slave Labour...My Favorite Part of Summer!

Training my kids to be consistently involved in doing chores has been a struggle for me. However, about a year ago we learned the value of simplicity. The girls kept leaving our upright freezer door open...which is REALLY bad! So in a fit of frustration, I said to the girls, "The next one who leaves the freezer door open will do dishes FOR A WEEK!" At that point...I really hadn't required them to do ANY dishes...so this was a big deal. Well...only a day or two later...one of my darling daughters left the door open. Turned out to be such a blessing! For one week she had to unload the dishwasher...whenever it needed it. And because it was just expected...she never complained! Our first successful chore for the 2 oldest girls was born! They now alternate weeks and have become so proficient at it!

I am now ready to take this to the next level!!! This summer, my 3 oldest will each have "zones" of the house they are responsible for. Their job will be to keep it tidy for a week. This will likely require a couple of "tidy sessions" during the day, and I have NO PROBLEM telling them when it is "Tidy Time". Zone #1 is unloading the dishwasher and the Front Hall area. Zone #2 is the Living/Dining Room Area. And Zone #3 is the Playroom.

Can I just say that I am so freakin' excited to have a clean up schedule that the girls can't argue over?!?! No more (Insert whiney voice.) "But I want to do the front entrance!"

This is going to be a GREAT summer!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment