CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 8, 2011

"Rainy Day" Activity #2

How thrilled I am that I only got to do 3 rainy day activities with my kids this summer! That means we had BEAUTIFUL weather!!!! (View this post to see what I'm talking about)

We did...however...find a day in August to do my big "build a city" idea with random boxes. After saving all those boxes and letting them overtake one of my storage rooms...I was DETERMINED to do this project! Instead of doing a city though, my girls made Webkinz houses. Each one unique to the style of each of my daughters!

Laura's House: Complete with a picket fence, trees, and many more details. (You can't see the fish pond and detailed sidewalk very well.)


Melissa's House: Unique with hallways to separate rooms, a WELCOME mat, and car to drive around in. She also made a useable door...which enthralled Olivia who played with this house a ton!


Natasha's House: Using about 10 boxes, she built the outside walls, had numerous bedrooms, a yard to play in, and a detailed picket fence.


And just as I'd hoped...they spent all day making them, and played with them for a couple of days. Gosh I love my girls! It was great to see them be so creative...and even better when we got to take them out to recycling and I got my living room back again!

No comments:

Post a Comment