CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 27, 2011

New Year's Resolutions - Part 2

Well, we are just about done month #3 of 2011...and I am curious...how are you doing on your New Year's Resolutions?

As I mentioned in January, I made little charts in my notebook by my bed, so I can review where I am at on various goals on a regular basis. I am so glad that I wrote these charts in a notebook I open almost everyday...because it has helped keep my goals in my mind and remind me when I am falling behind!

All of my goals this year I realize, are relationship based. My relationship with my husband, with my daughters, and with friends. Here are my results so far:
1. Monthly Interviews with 3 older daughters: I am happy to report that either Wayne or I have done this each month.
2. Monthly dates with girls: Definitely room for improvement. Took all three girls in January, one in February, and scrambling this last week to take the other two for March.
3. Monthly date with Wayne: He has been behind this one, and out of 3 months, he has surprised me TWICE! I am loving it! (For those of you who think a date with just the two of us twice in three months is NOTHING....then I am guessing you don't have 5 kids...two of which are under 2 years old.)
4. Having friends over at least once a month (at least 12 in the year): I am THRILLED with our success with this one. To date we have had 5 different friends/families over and have one scheduled for April already.

Although I can think of countless other areas of my life I would like to improve, for now I am content with these 4 goals. They feel important, they feel doable, and I believe they will make me a better person for doing them. And for today...that is enough.

I would love to hear an update on your resolutions and how you are doing or even if you realize you just need to refocus!

No comments:

Post a Comment